Joined to the convent of Sant Domènec, the cloister was built in a classical style that must date to the 18th century. It is formed by four galleries of seven semicircular arches supported by doric columns. After the ecclesiastical confiscations of 1837, the convent and the cloister became the old court and jail; and the cloister became a courtyard for the prisoners.
In 1974, when the courts were moved to another building, the cloister became part of a new Parador Nacional de Turisme. The rest of the building was completely demolished, and the cloister was retained as a vestige of the past.